Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Authors are not required to pay an Article Submission Fee
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Copyright NoticeWe ask that all submissions be original to AmeriQuests, although exceptions can be made by the editor. All authors retain copyright, and are permitted to publish their work after it appears in AmeriQuests, although we ask that AmeriQuests be referenced in subsequent editions.
In addition, for audio and visual recordings:
- The right to record, in any medium, all aspects of the live delivery of my lecture, or my
identifiable participation in the lecture event, identified above, including in visual and audio
media of any kind and associated presentation materials.
The right to use my name, photograph, picture, portrait, likeness, and voice (hereinafter
collectively known as â€œimageâ€) in connection with the copying, distribution, performance,
display or modification of the recorded lecture in educational materials or for any other
legitimate purpose, including commercial distribution;
- The right to use, reproduce, publish, exhibit, distribute and transmit my image individually
or in conjunction with other images or printed matter in the production of motion pictures,
television tape, sound recordings, still photography, CD-ROM or any other media;
- The right to record, reproduce, amplify and simulate my image and all sound effects
- The right to copyright in its own name works that contain my image; and
- The right to assign, transfer, or license the above rights to third parties.
For any material or content I provide for the lecture, such as associated text or graphic materials, I
warrant and represent that any such content is my original creation and that I will defend, indemnify
and hold Vanderbilt harmless against any loss, claim or liability related to allegations about the
infringement of a third partyâ€™s intellectual property rights in the content, the associated materials,
or any part thereof.
I hereby waive the right to inspect or approve my image or any finished materials that incorporate
my image. I understand and agree that I will not receive compensation, now or in the future, in
connection with the use of my image.
I hereby release and forever discharge Vanderbilt University, the Board of Trust of Vanderbilt
University, its members individually, and the officers, agents and employees of Vanderbilt
University from any and all claims, demands, rights and causes of action of whatever kind that I may
have, caused by or arising from the use of my image, including all claims for libel and invasion of
I understand that Vanderbilt may identify me as an author or presenter of the above-named lecture
and its associated materials, if I am such author or presenter, or else as a participant in the lecture
I understand that, if I am the lectureâ€™s author, I may at any time present elsewhere or publish the
lecture and the associated materials or any portion thereof.
I understand that my participation in this filming is voluntary, and should I decide not to
participate, it will not affect my grade.
I certify that I am at least 18 years of age and that I have read and understood the above